![]() |
| Vitaminnen |
| Vitaminnen |
![]() |
| Vitaminnen |
![]() |
| Vitaminnen |
Now that's one sentence that has a whole lot of meaning for such simple words. I've come 8 245km from Mutare in Zimbabwe and landed in Leuven. Or maybe you've survived some diversified days to this one. You see, interpret it any way you want. The point still stands: its a pretty heavy-weight sentence. Like they say, dynamite comes in small packages.
I had the honour of being part of a museum exhibition "Ik kom van ver", in English "I've come a long way". It also resulted in a book with stories of 43 women currently living in Flanders who have come from all corners of the world.
This experience was one I will always cherish. The women were all absolutely amazing, and despite me being the youngest of all, I couldn't have felt more at home. I remember the day I first touched the freshly printed book. I didn't open it till I got home, where I read as many stories as I could in one long breath. Yes, it is that good. And every time I step into the shop Standaard Boekhandel (it's available there), I still get a surge of pride in me.
Fancy a diversified good read with stories from almost all continents of the world? This one won't disappoint. You can also follow the books Facebook page to stay updated.





No comments:
Post a Comment