He looked me in the eye and said it. He said those words I was dreading for so long. “You,” he said with a smirk, “want to do this?” he pointed at the medicine application paper for the university. “You, you are just crazy!” he managed to say through his fits of laughter.
He couldn’t stop laughing, his teeth glistering in the sunlight of the golden hour pouring through the window. My eyes narrowed, my breath switched to an abnormal pace. I clenched my fists. I was getting angry, and he knew it. He glorified in the moments I succumbed to his will. And yet, it seemed to work every time he did it. How did he do it?
Alright then, two can play at this game.
I leaned forward to take my paper away. As I did so,
my face was only a few inches away from his. I could smell him: his betray, his
hypocrisy, his fakery. It was all in this big cloud floating around him, you
just couldn’t ignore it. Suddenly he stopped laughing, the air around us was
tense, pregnant of dialogues to be done.
I felt it then. I was winning, nearing the finish line
I was longing for for so long. I turned around on my heel, and then he spoke,
“Where are you going? I didn’t mean it that way you know…”
“You should’ve thought of that before you said all the things you’ve said to me before. It’s done. Oh and by the way, I’m not crazy. I just love chasing dreams, that’s all.”
“You should’ve thought of that before you said all the things you’ve said to me before. It’s done. Oh and by the way, I’m not crazy. I just love chasing dreams, that’s all.”
FOLLOW SUITCASE FULLY PACKED




No comments:
Post a Comment