Friday, June 21, 2013

Vrijhavens| Free Havens

If you follow me on Facebook, you will probably have noticed that I recently gave a speech at an inspiration and meeting day organised by Demos.  It was a day for people who work in the youth sector, with an aim of inspiring and encouraging them with discussions and examples from all over the world. I had the honour of being invited to tell them about my story as an artist and how I have experienced it in Belgium. You can read the speech here (sorry folks, its in Dutch though). But to cut it down to the core, I was talking about my evolution as an artist. From my childhood days back in Zimbabwe and being bombarded by the shelf of books my grandparents have. Up to my first days in Belgium and fitting in. And then finally my motivation to all those who are working in the youth sector to keep at it! They are creating great creatures out there who are setting this world ablaze with crazy ideas!

By the way, do excuse me and my duck face. Apparently taking photographs while I'm talking isn't something for me.

Thanks to Urban Wo(o)rden for giving this unique chance!
 
 
 

Als jullie mij op Facebook volgen dan hebben jullie misschien gezien dat ik onlangs een speech gegeven heb  op 'Vrijhavens: een inspiratie- en ontmoetingsdag van Demos en Vitamine C in OPEK, Leuven.

Het ging over jong cultureel verzet. Welke ruimte hebben jongeren nodig om hun cultureel manoeuvres uiteen te zetten? Mijn speech moest mijn verhaal als beginnende woordkunstenaar schetsen. Je kan het hier lezen. 

Het was een zeer inspirerende dag voor de aanwezige jeugdwerkers, dat zeker! Ik heb jammer genoeg niet de hele dag kunnen bijwonen omdat ik meteen naar school moest. Jaja, multitasken taken to another level! 

Met dank aan Urban Wo(o)rden voor dit kans!

SUITCASE FULLY PACKED 

No comments:

Post a Comment