Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tourist in my own hometown (YASI 2012) part 1

So, the reason of the blog's silence is about to be clarified! I have spent these last ten days of my summer '12  in Brussels (from there the title of this post, its not really far from home :) ) doing the project Youth Ambassadors Summer Institute (YASI). The name practically sums up what we were doing there with the youth from 7 countries (Moldova, Greece, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland and Norway). We were having workshops about leadership and diplomacy, with umpteen visits to European Union buildings alongside that.

Yes, it was a GREAT ten days. And I enjoyed every minute of it, every bone in my body has been inspired! I especially enjoyed the visit to the US (!) embassy, the EU Council Simmilation (of which I was Donald Tusk from Poland) and watching the film 'The Great Debaters'.

We also had testimonies from the Norwegian delegation about the Utoya massacre, whereby it came out in the national news. Here is the link below:

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/mediatheek


One thing is for sure, this is one experience not to forget!

















  






ps: For the sake of order, I am going to post the second part of the photos in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment