Friday, June 22, 2012

Abstract memories



Memories I experienced
a long time ago,
fly out of my grasp
and I have to let go.
If I had a wish
would wish to go back ,
back to when I was tiny
and loved sitting on your lap.
  
Rewind back to the days
when the hardest choice was
picking out a crayon
to colour the bus.
"Doesn't matter , " you said
"whichever colour you choose.
To me it's still beautiful
as long as it's drawn by you . "

Would relive the days
when I'd hide behind the chair.
Just to hear your voice ask
if I was there.
Used to hide behind the door
so I could pounce on you and scream.
But you always replied
with a calmed-down grin.

The hugs and your familiar lap
are abstract memories flittering away.
Of someone who loves me for who I am
my success, my failure, my mistakes.
Took the job my father can't do
you make the load lighter for mother.
I know a lot of vocabulary, but for today
I'm going to take the simplest words and say,
I love you and thank you for being there...












1 comment:

  1. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! ;)

    ik zie dit nu pas!
    hoe leuk is dit?!

    thanks you a lot babe!

    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete