Saturday, February 28, 2015

Defying all odds



I was recently elected as the president of the Flemish Youth Council on the 4th of February (you might have read my other blogpost talking about the elections last year). I am extremely happy that I have been given the chance to make a difference for all the children and youngsters in Flanders. 

Now I'm juggling a lot of big responsibilities at the moment: the chairmanship of the Flemish Youth Council and my last year of high school. It requires the necessary setting of priorities. It would be a shame to let one passion go simply because I chose to engage myself in something else too. 

And the blog? Well, Mother of Nations is still going to be my outlet for poetry, prose and random updates of what is happening in my life. You might just catch a few posts about the Flemish Youth Council from time to time.



Ik ben 4 februari verkozen als voorzitster van de Vlaamse Jeugdraad (misschien heb jij mijn blogpost over de verkiezingen van vorig jaar gelezen). Ik ben ongelofelijk blij dat ik de kans krijg om de Vlaamse kinderen en jongeren te vertegenwoordigen voor de komende drie jaar.

Nu, het spreekt voor zich dat ik aan een groot engegament ben begonnen. En daarbovenop ben ik ook zesdejaarsleerling. Maar als er iets is waar ik ven overtuigd ben, dan is het dat ik het ene niet moet laten vallen voor het andere. Dat vraag natuurlijk wat prioriteitenschikking, en dan valt alles op zijn plaats. 


En deze blog? Het blijft nog steeds de plek waar jullie mijn poëzie, proza en random updates kunnen vinden. Hier en daar gooi ik interessante posts over mijn voorzitterschap van de Vlaamse Jeugdraad.



FOLLOW MOTHER OF NATIONS










No comments:

Post a Comment