Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 in review



2014 has been (and still is) a year which has bought a lot of life lessons with it. I did quite a lot of varied things this year. From speeches to poetry performances, I campaigned for a seat in the Flemish Youth Council, some people heard me on the radio here and there and I featured in/co-wrote two books. My blog changed its name from Suitcase Fully Packed to Mother Of Nations.


 And all that is just a fraction of what happened. Needless to say, I have learnt so many valuable things that I am willing to share on my blog in 2015. So keep posted! I summed up some of the most popular reads of this year on my blog. I hope you will all enjoy reading it, just as much as I enjoyed blogging for you this year. 


1. Clothes speak for themselves was the most popular post this year. It is a column post about how clothing has tarnished the way society works.


2. I've come a long way was my first book feature. Ever. I just had to share this special moment with you!


3. Dreading being a woman is my personal favourite post of this year. It's a column post about my childhood thoughts, and how I feel about being a woman today.


4. Black-white and the spectrum of colour between it is my second book feature. The organisation Demos kindly asked me if I was interested in writing an opinion piece for their publication 'Niets meer dan gelijkheid': a book that tackles the problems that are encountered in the youth sector regarding diversity.



5. Between us: the most popular poem of this year. My friends photography was great too.


6. Creation: yet another poem that also has to do with society. Anyone else noticed that I've mainly been blogging about society lately?

What was your favourite blogpost this year?
This is my last post of 2014, so I'll wish you all a very happy new year. I'll see you all in 2015, with even better content.

No comments:

Post a Comment