Monday, April 9, 2012

European Youth Conference, Denmark (post 1)

I recently went to an European Youth Conference as a youth ambassador for participation and a representative for the Flemish youth. During this conference we were discussing about the participation of youth in the democratic life in Europe. Should the voting age of 16 be enforced? How can non organised youth also be attracted to the democratic life? A lot of work as you can see. This was in Soro,Denmark and I must say I enjoyed my first trip to one of the Scandinavian countries...thoroughly!
The kick- start was amazing! We had a blast with all the really nerdy but creative experiments from the students of the Science Centre where we were having the conference. I was so indulged in their world since I study sciences myself! Then came the time for our workshops. I was in the workshop about 'Innovation and Participation' and it was each workgroup's task to have two recommendations by the end of the conference. With a maximum of 40 words for each. I'll have to admit, putting everything that European youth want in 40 words is not as easy as it sounds! But we did it. We made a video about our two recommendations. I am really proud of my bodyguards, Structured and Dialogue. Proof of our hard work is here. To back up our recommendations, each group had to make a film. The speeches we had from the different guests were really inspiring. Especially two young 20 year old ladies who have been travelling around the world since they have now made a product that protects against skin cancer. Innovative I must say! I came back home really inspired. And as for my impression of Denmark? Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment